Company 2 on Secret Lake Road is the oldest station in the Avon Volunteer Fire Department. Until 1943 when it was incorporated into the AVFD, the station serviced only the Canton/Avon residents of the Secret Lake Association. Company 2’s firehouse is the only one which is privately owned by the Avon Volunteer Fire Department Corporation.
Today, Company 2 is an Engine/Rescue company, which houses Engine 10 and Engine 13. It is in District 1, covering the northern and western parts of town.