- Wine Tasting Join us Friday, April 24, 2015 for a wonderful wine tasting at Farmington Woods Golf Club to benefit the live fire training facility to be built in Farmington.
- What's Your Number? When repairing mailboxes after damage sustained over the winter, be sure to place large numbers, preferably reflective, to both sides as emergency responders may approach from either direction at any time.
- Help Us Train When it comes to fire training, there's no such thing as enough. A live fire training facility will soon be built in Farmington to allow members to train frequently enough to assure proficiency.
- Thank you, blood donors! Our 6th annual Battle of the Badges blood drive collected 47 life-saving pints of blood. Thank you to those who donated.
- Please Donate Our all-volunteer fire department saves our town more than $8 million per year. Donations help keep it that way and are critical in maintaining the highest level of emergency response and readiness.
Welcome to the Avon Volunteer Fire Department.
Incorporated in 1943, the Avon Volunteer Fire Department proudly protects more than 18,000 people living in the 22.6 square mile area that makes up the Town of Avon, Connecticut. The Department’s mission is to provide fire suppression and prevention, life safety and rescue support, as well as other community support to the citizens of Avon. In addition, the Department provides mutual aid support to those surrounding communities that, in time of need, may request such assistance.
Staffed entirely by volunteers, the Avon Volunteer Fire Department prides itself on the selflessness and dedication of its 178 members – 70 firefighters, nine fire police, 19 administrative members, 13 Explorers, 24 active veterans, 10 senior veterans, 33 lifetime members, and 13 honorary members, all of whom play a vital role in the safety of Avon. The Department operates six companies and 15 pieces of apparatus, including a brush truck, ladder truck, tanker, rescue vehicle, boat, and pumpers. Four stations are located throughout Town – Company 1 on Darling Drive, Company 2 on Secret Lake Road, Company 3 on West Avon Road, and Company 4 on Huckleberry Hill Road. Anyone interested in learning more about the AVFD should call (860) 677-2644 or stop by the Company 1 firehouse located at 25 Darling Drive any Monday evening after 7:00.